5 things to know about flight cancellation and change charges:
1) Flight cancellation charges will, however, remain the same in case a passenger is making the change four or more days in advance of the travel dates.
2) For domestic flights, customers can make any changes or cancellations free of charge within 24 hours of booking, if booked at least 7 days before the travel dates.
3) As per the passenger charter released by the civil aviation ministry in February 2019, IndiGo passengers can make any changes or cancellations free of charge within 24 hours of booking on domestic flights, provided they have booked their tickets at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure..
4) For domestic flights, Arline will charge ?3,500 if the request is made between 0-3 days of travel while for 4 days and above, the charges are ?3,000. The change fee is ?3,000 for 0-3 days and ?2,500 for 4 days and above. For international flights, the rates vary in between ?2,500 and ?6,500.
5) IndiGo's chief commercial officer William Boulter, said this will help the airline bring down the last-minute changes to a minimum, enabling better capacity utilization on-board. "Improved processes will help us to continue providing IndiGo’s on-time, courteous and hassle-free service at affordable fares," he said.